Friday, May 16, 2008

whoa

have you ever been in a large group of people, and are chatty-chatty, and everything is going swimmingly, and then all of a sudden you completely zone out, the crowd rushes away from you and you find yourself, at once a part of and separate from others, standing in a sea of white noise?

and you think, what am i doing here?

and you're not necessarily unhappy, but you feel as if there is a time to be social, and time to be alone, and at this moment something has triggered your instinct for introversion.

reflection:
noitcelfer.

1 comment:

Andy White said...

This sort of thing may or may not have happened to me. I think I am pretty tolerant of crowded situations, but I definitely know the "oh my lord, let's get out of here" feeling. I'm from New Jersey--I deal with it on a daily basis. Anyway, your post seemed to echo these Talking Heads lyrics:

And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
And you may find yourself in another part of the world
And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful
wife
And you may ask yourself-Well...How did I get here?

it's not just for the classroom!