Saturday, May 9, 2009

mmm sleeping

i set my alarm for 9 a.m. today. at 9 a.m. my alarm went off, i hit the snooze, and went back to bed. i knew i should get up, i had big plans to go to the saturday morning market in town, and then to clean the house, and then to research graduate school programs. around 9:40 a.m., my phone rang. i pressed it to my ear and heard bx inviting me to go hiking with her and kara at catoctin mountain park. i groggily said yes.

then i slid the phone back beneath my pillow and shut my eyes once again. so tempting to sleep for another three hours...

at 9:52 a.m. i forced myself to sit up in bed, which even though i'd now slept approximately 9 hours, was still something of a miserable prospect. the cats meanwhile had been bothering me on and off for several hours, but i'd managed to snooze through most of it. they had tried everything in their tiny brains' power to get me to pay attention to them–knocking jewelry off my dresser, scratching my dresser, attempting to reach up and claw my padded bulletin board, rolling all over the bed and pouncing on my chest, etc.

by 11:15 a.m. i'd managed to get ready and head out to the market. i bought my tomatoes and goat cheese, and headed back, calling bx and telling her i would leave soon to join them. in the car ride down to maryland i listened to the last cd in my harry potter audio book, and cried at the part when harry brings his family back from the dead with the resurrection stone, and he tells his mom to stay close to him. actually, the whole last 3 chapters are tear-jerkers.

so anyway, i made it down to catoctin and had a lovely hike w/ bx and kara, only i am totally out of shape and as soon as i got back home, i lay down again in the recliner in the living room and passed out for a good hour and a half.

i think i may have a sleep addiction. yes, in fact sleep is sounding sooooo good right now.

No comments:

it's not just for the classroom!