Sunday, July 15, 2012

Dangerous Liaisons in Squirrel Hill

I seem pretty good lately at assaulting myself.  I don't know why I've become extra clumsy these past two weeks, but it feels like my body, and sharp, roughened, or heavy objects, yearn to be together and will do whatever it takes, however painful, to achieve the union.

Part of the injuries are the inevitable result of trying to pack up an apartment in a small, increasingly crowding space.  Those instances are how I bruised both sides of my right knee (on two different days),  my hip, and scratched my leg.

The rest have just been 1) brain absenteeism, however, which I put down to the heat and to the act of packing being so boring that I can't bear to be mentally there while it's happening; and 2) an overestimation of how much brawn I've picked up at the gym lifting my 5 lb. weights.

Here's a running inventory of my injuries thus far:
  • bruised knees
  • bruised hip
  • bruises and individual burst blood vessels on the insides of both arms from carrying, and occasionally dropping, boxes
  • raw skin on fingers from trying to scrape double-sided tape off the wall with an old PetSmart reward card
  • red rash and sore throat muscles where the edge of a flatscreen TV tried to decapitate me; I, however, remain alive--you fail, TV!


My goal for the moment is just to avoid battering myself to the point of incurring a hospital copay.  Because I need that money to pay for the moving van.

3 comments:

pappi lalli said...

Awesome content for ever and ever i hope you keep it up successfully
KAMMA'S MOST REPUTATED AND TRUSTED MATRIMONIAL PORTAL
https://kammakalyanam.com/
https://www.kammamatrimony.com/
Kamma matrimony, Kamma marriage bureau, kamma brides, kamma grooms Matrimony, Wedding
INFO@TELUGUMARRIAGES.COM

emblix solutions said...

AWSLix as awspartnerindia offers range of hosting solutions with top-notch quality yet affordable..

A stem cell clinic touts its links with leading scientists said...

Politics & FDA clearance of 2 stem cell clinic COVID-19 efforts

FDA is doing better job on unproven stem cell clinics, but it has cleared many INDs, some iffy, for stem cell and cellular medicine trials for COVID-19.

The FDA and its CBER branch have been doing a good job overall in the last 3+ years to tackle the unproven stem cell clinic problem, but lately on the stem cells for COVID-19 front there is reason for real concern.

I believe the agency is taking on major risk overall by clearing a vast number of cell therapy trials for COVID-19 mostly without much data, but the clearance of a few programs by for-profit stem cell clinics is especially problematic in my view.
FDA on the ball more generally on clinics

For background and on the positive, the FDA is taking the problem of the stem cell clinic industry very seriously and taking action on clinic firms that are injecting patients with unapproved stem cell drugs.

It has sent off dozens of untitled and warning letters to clinic firms pitching unproven stem cells and other regenerative biologics like exosomes. The agency’s biologics branch called CBER is really on the ball on this these days. Its Director Peter Marks deserves big kudos for the serious commitment and marathon work here over many years to make things happen on this problem. Dr. Marks was the subject of an interesting piece in the WaPo by Laurie McGinley recently: Meet the most important federal official you probably don’t know — the man who holds the fate of the coronavirus vaccine in his hands.

it's not just for the classroom!